Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My favorite Obama-in-Berlin one-liner

On July 22 I posted Obama’s grand European tour hits bumps.

The short of it: Der Spiegel reported with not very well-disguised glee that the Brits and French were put out by all the attention Sen. Obama would be paying to Germany.

I took a light approach to the report and suggested tongue-in-cheek Obama Come to Save Us could soothe the hurt feelings of the Brits and French by beginning his speech with:

“Mesdames et Messieurs, Ich bin ein typical politician."
I thought that was pretty good until an Anon commenter said:
Or: “Ich bin ein Beginner.”
I haven’t seen a better Obama-in-Berlin one-liner so it’s my favorite.


What about you? Do you have one you like more?

Or do you think we shouldn't be kidding about something as serious as a major Obama campaign speech?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,
Very funny!

Anonymous said...

I think we should never pass up an opportunity to take the Mickey out of Obama - or McCain. There are less than 100 days left to laugh at this three legged race team - no matter who "wins" it will all end in tears.