Sunday, November 02, 2008

Munger for Governor Comment

(First posted on 10/31)

A commenter responding to "Libertarian Mike Munger for NC Governor":

I got both of my degrees in political science. For this reason, I have a very strong bias about political scientists who run for office - I tend to fear the prospect of them running things.

However, I like this guy and voted for him after hearing him on NPR this morning. I hope he gets the 2% he needs to keep the Libertarians on the ballot in the future.

For those leery of Libertarians, he is not one of those purists who essentially believe in anarchy. He sees government as having many important functions; he just does not believe the State is God.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

To me Libertarians are just the other side of the moon.

But I'm a JinC Regular even thought this is my first comment.

I'm looking forward to what you have to say about Munger.

Cary, NC

PS - Keep after the N&O.

And your Duke lax and campaign 08 work have been outstaning.

Anonymous said...

Are there any journalists inside the N&O who could shed some light on what happened at the newspaper back in March 2006?

Anonymous said...

It's a shame you are wasting your vote in such a close race. I'm Libertarian in viewpoint, though I don't care for the party. McCrory needs every conservative/libertarian vote he can get. Perdue is a continuation of Easley's cronyism.