Monday, December 01, 2008

The Churchill Series - Dec. 1, 2008

(One of a series of weekday posts about the life of Winston S. Churchill.)

Something different today.

Todd Ronnei has collected Churchill stamps and covers for 20 years. On November 30 he posted at his Web site a birthday tribute page in honor of the man many of us regard as the greatest Englishman of all time.

You can visit Ronnei’s site here. His birthday tribute here includes a photocopy of an envelope addressed and mailed in England the day of Churchill’s birth.

He sells some Churchill stamps and commemorative covers. See here.

I know very little about stamp and cover collecting but Ronnei has a good reputation and some of his items are only a few dollars.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for plugging my site! However, my name is pretty mangled. It's Todd Ronnei, and the site location is www. ronnei.com.

Regards,
Todd

JWM said...

Todd,

I'm sorry I was wrong on your name.

I've corrected.

I've left the link to your site alone because, when I just tested it, it "worked."

If you're having trouble linking, let me know and I'll try to see if there's anything I can do from this side.

Best,

John