Thursday, August 28, 2008

Obama’s Bill Clinton omission

From the NY Times’ text of Sen. Obama’s acceptance speech and just as I recall Obama delivering it:

If John McCain wants to follow George Bush with more tough talk and bad strategy, that is his choice – but it is not the change we need.

We are the party of Roosevelt. We are the party of Kennedy. (emphasis added)

So don't tell me that Democrats won't defend this country. Don't tell me that Democrats won't keep us safe.
You know Bill Clinton didn’t miss Obama's omission.

Why, Barack, why?

I thought it was all about unity.

The NYT's entire speech text's here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it was more than a snub to Bill Clinton, I think he was elevating himself to the same level of importance to the Democratic Party Icons

Anonymous said...

what's funny about those two examples is that....

Roosevelt famously failed to convince an isolationist congress to prepare for war AND we were attacked by the Japanese and then lost hundreds of thousands of men over the next five years.

Kennedy brought us the Bay of Pigs, the Cuban Missile Crisis, and Vietnam.

Yeah, baby, let's have some more of that!

-AC

Anonymous said...

Earlier Post Correction - I meant to say:

I think it was more than a snub to Bill Clinton, I think he was elevating himself to the same level of importance to the Democratic Party as those party Icons

Anonymous said...

He should avoid discussing Kennedy. We remember how JFK dealt with the Soviets at the end of his brief administration but, early on, the Soviets took him to school many times because he was naive and unprepared. They thought he was weak and Kruschev made JFK his b$*$h.

We can't afford to have someone who spends his first couple of years learning the hard way.