Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tim Tyson’s Hunt charges look bogus

Those of you who read yesterday’s post, Put a hold on Tim Tyson's Hunt charges, know Duke professor Tim Tyson, whose malicious demagoguery helped launch the Duke witch hunt and support Mike Nifong’s transparent frame-up attempt, has now made extremely serious charges concerning the Darryl Hunt case.

Among them, that without “any evidence against him” (Tyson’s words), the prosecution went ahead anyway and successfully sought Hunt’s conviction and imprisonment for murder.

But professor Tyson’s offered no substantiation for his extremely serious charges.

That could be because Tyson knows they’re bogus, as an outstanding post by
KC Johnson today– Tyson Reinvents Some More – strongly suggests.

I urge you to read KC’s post, which also documents reprehensible actions of other Duke faculty.

RRH, who first challenged Tyson on the thread of this post by N&O writer J. Peder Zane, commented at JinC today:

Thanks for your interest in my post and in the Hunt case.

I could've mentioned that the only "crime" committed in the trials of Hunt was by Hunt himself: by deliberately putting on perjured testimony which tried to establish an alibi. He had no alibi.

Interestingly, it seems to have been the newspaper reporters, not the prosecutors, who figured out that the alibi "witnesses" had to be lying.

Finally, there are many other lies told about America's racial history. Not just by people like Tyson about the Hunt case, but many others about, for example, the Emmitt Till case, the Scottsboro Boys case, and the "Tuskeegee Syphilis Experiment" case.
I want to turn things around and thank RRH for being the first person I know to challenge Tyson charges and for providing a link (it’s here) to extensive documentation that refutes those charges.

Continue to stay tuned. There’ll be more on all of this.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

You do great work. I look in every day.

You and KC keep after Tyson. He's an embarrassment to Duke.

Duke '87

Anonymous said...

Wow, I've never had a big time blogger guy say nice things about me. Thanks.

As I said over at KC's site, on the main building of my alma mater was inscribed, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free". I guess I took it to heart.

For Duke nowadays, the motto seems to be, "We shall teach you lies and grade you on retention."

RRH