Saturday, January 26, 2008

Kerry: Voters “see” Bill Clinton’s “abuse of truth”

This just in from CNN, a leading Democratic Party news organizations:

John Kerry, the Democratic Party's 2004 nominee for president, took aim at Bill Clinton Friday, telling the National Journal the former president does "not have a license to abuse the truth."

The Massachusetts senator, who endorsed Barack Obama's White House bid earlier this month, said Clinton's criticisms of the Illinois senator have been "over the top," and suggested the former president is getting "frantic."

Targeting Clinton's recent spate of attacks on Obama, Kerry said, "I think you had an abuse of the truth, is what happened. …I mean, being an ex-president does not give you license to abuse the truth, and I think that over the last days it's been over the top.

"I think it's very unfortunate, but I think the voters can see through that," Kerry added. "When somebody's coming on strong and they are growing, people get a little frantic, and I think people have seen this sort of franticness in the air, if you will." …
Sen. Kerry's right at least as far as most of the public goes.

Most people know the former President has lied often. ("I never ever had sex with that woman, Ms. Lewisnsky" is only the best known of his lies. )

I'm glad Kerry's said what he said, but his announcement’s at least 10 years late.

That reminds me: has Kerry set a new date for the public release of all his Navy records?

Didn't he first promise to do that about 5 years ago?

Or was that when he said he was going to prove he spent Christmas in Cambodia?

Isn't it tough to keep up with people like Kerry and Bill Clinton?

The entire CNN article is here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AFAIK, Kerry has never credibly refuted or explained any of the criticisms brought against him by the Veterans for Truth. Still, MSM continues to refer to the Swiftboater "lies." For Kerry to accuse Clinton of lying strikes me as blatant hypocrisy. But hypocrisy is what both of them specialize in.

Anonymous said...

I have always been a supporter of Kerry and his service in Vietnam. I am disappointed that he feels the need to criticize Big Bill - that is not helping the Dems, who I believe have disgraced themselves in Congress. I am a life long liberal Democrat.

JWM said...

To Anon @ 5:51,

Yes, Kerry accusing Clinton is hypocrisy.

You sure are right, also, about the Swiftboaters.

Every time I come to an MSM "news story" that uses "swiftboating" in a manner suggesting falsehood, I know I'm reading a Dem/left/liberal deceit.

Anon @ 6:53,

I was for many years a liberal Democrat.

Many of the people who comment here self-ID as same.

There are a lot of reasons why I and I think they couldn't remain lib/Dems.

The most urgent and important concerns national security.

Remember when at the time of Abu Ghraib Ted Kennedy said that Saddam's prison's had been reopened under "American management?"

America's enemies loved it and used Kennedy's remarks to stir hatred against us.

Did the lib/Dem NYT, Raleigh N&O and other lib/left news organizations report what Gen. Sanchez said about the lib/left/Dem MSM's reporting from Iraq and how it was literally killing American troops?

There's a lot more I could say but I'll end with this:

I hope you keep reading and commenting here.

I'd also be interested to know which pundits, news organizations, opinion journals and foundations do the best job of presenting Dem/lib positions.

Thanks to you both.

John