Thursday, October 12, 2006

In Durham I hope RN - VC plans

Recall Nifong - Vote Cheek

I think this Sunday's 60 Minutes epside will be a plus for the Duke lacrosse players and a big, well-deserved minus for DA Mike Nifong.

Sunday night and Monday there'll be a lot of people in Durham and across America asking, "How do we get that rogue DA out of there?"

I don't doubt that the RN-VC folks have quietly made plans to give their campaign a boost and give folks wanting to help oust Nifong ways to help.

Understandably RN-VC doesn't want to make those plans public lest they look like they're trying to preempt 60 Minutes' presentation

I don't have any "inside" information but I bet we'll see things like a news conference Monday; maybe ads in the newspapers saying: "here's where to get your lawn signs, here's our next rally;" and something telling people who watched 60 Minutes but don't live in Durham what they can do to make sure Nifong doesn't go on for four more years committing injustices.

I'm clearing my calendar for Monday. I'll report what I learn but you may be able to learn more first at the RN-VC website.

Full disclosure: I have no affiliation with RN-VC but wish them well and will be voting for Cheek.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

msnbc.com has an article with roberts (kim): The headline 'stripper says accuser in Duke case is lying'. That's basically what the story says too.

Best part: it was done for 60 minutes.

Looks like 60 minutes will be a good one after all.

Anonymous said...

John,

At your Oct 12 "There's plenty at the blogs today" post, Dick Meyer, the editorial director at CBSNews.com left a comment for you at 2:24pm.

Robin Sanders, an associate of Mr. Meyer, left a similar comment at the LieStoppers board yesterday. I spoke with Ms. Sanders yesterday to confirm the legitimacy of the post and to thank CBSNews for the forthcoming 60 Minutes program. Ms. Sanders did in fact make the post at LieStoppers.

In my conversation with Ms. Sanders, she indicated she would be receptive to receiving ongoing follow-up information regarding the Duke Hoax (my words, not hers) and she would pass information on to Mr. Meyer.

If you are so inclined, contact information for Ms. Sanders is available at a "Robin Sanders cbsnews.com" Google.

ME

JWM said...

Anon @8:20 p.m.,

I hope and believe 60 will be good for justice.

Joet,

Thank you for your nice words. There sure are a lot of people down here who are disgraceful and sure look like candidates for a lynch mob but we also have people like Duke Law Prof. James Coleman and many of the people who comment at JinC are "locals."

ME,

Thanks for the heads up on CBS 60.

By now you may have read my latest:
60 Minutes: 6 Sure Bets.

Your commented led me to say, "Go ahead. Do the 'sure bets' post."

Otherwise, I'd have passed.

Thanks for continuing to comment at the Editors' Blog. You and the others make a huge difference.

To all three commenters: Thank you.

John