Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Can you guess

which future McClatchy News Company editor wrote the following:

“I really meant to get my assignment done. When I look back on last night, I realize that perhaps I could have started a bit earlier. But there’s no point in dragging up the past.

With 20/20 hindsight, we all see things more clearly. So it’s easy to find fault with me, but I’m not going to do that.

And I’m not going to blame Samiha Khanna, whose assignment I copied for our class newspaper.

The mistakes, if any, were neither hers nor mine. Both of us were working under deadlines.

Some adults say the earth is round; others say it’s flat. As your editor, I catch it from both sides.

But I’m not complaining.

What I want to do is help all of you get ready for Middle School.”
If you haven’t guessed by now the name of the future editor, here’s a link that will take you to the latest post by Melanie Sill, executive editor for news at the Raleigh N&O.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an utterly disingenuous post by Melanie. She fails to address the main point - that she and Linda Williams are still sitting on key information.

Stop the coverup, Melanie. What did the accuser say about Kim?

Anonymous said...

Hello John,

I'm an editor at The Chronicle, Duke's student paper and I'm working on an article in anticipation of the 60 Minutes segement about shifting media coverage and the bloggers who have followed this story months after the initial media frenzy has faded.

I would like to interview you for the story.

My deadline is this evening, so if we could set up a time to speak sometime today during the day, I'd appreciate it.

My e-mail address is sc53@duke.edu and I can be reached at the Chronicle office at 919-684-2663.

JWM said...

Anon @12:44 AM,

You're right on. I hope you keep commenting at the Editors' Blog.

Saidi,

If you see this, it will be after we talked.

I was glad to talk with you and wish you and The Chronicle well.

Best to you both,

John