Friday, September 07, 2007

Fun with Hill & Bill

With his tongue planted firmly in his cheek, Chicago Tribune columnist Bill Kass begins:

After his latest stunt, who can doubt that former President Bill Clinton is the smartest, craftiest fellow in the history of American politics?

For months, most of America -- myself included -- has been avoiding a question of national importance. It's the big Bill question:

What do we call Bill should his wife, U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-Hsu), win the presidential election, allowing Bill to romp about the White House once again?

Clinton answered it on Oprah Winfrey's show.

He now wants to be called the First Laddie.

"My Scottish friends say I should be called 'First Laddie' because it's the closest thing to 'First Lady'," he joked with Winfrey on her program the other day.

Oprah, surprise, surprise, is backing U.S. Sen. Barack Obama (D-Rezko/Daley.)

"I'm not so worried about what I'm called as what I'm called upon to do," said Clinton.

He's not the only one who's worried. I figure half the Democrats and most Republicans are worried, too. . . .
I don’t know about First Laddie. I’m still waiting for him to tell us what is is.

The rest of Kass's column is here.

1 comments:

DukeEgr93 said...

(I have to go here...)

I am far less worried about what "is" is than I am where the WMD's "are."

:-D