Wednesday, August 29, 2007

What about a visit to LS boards?

Should you visit Liestoppers discussion boards?

That's up to you. You can decide for yourself by going here or here or here.

My opinion?

It depends on what you want.

If you want to "keep the faith" that when Duke's faculty Group of 88 published their ad, all they really were doing was "listening to students," don't go to the LS boards.

If you think Duke's President, Richard H. Brodhead, didn't meet for months with the lacrosse parents because "he's a busy man who can't meet with everyone," you'd best stay away from LS boards.

And if you're still upset that the Raleigh N&O and the Durham H-S "didn't do all they could last Spring to help Mike, Mark, Ben, David, Ron, Patrick, Tara and Crystal," DEFINITELY don't go near any LS board.

But if you're following the Duke Hoax case closely or you just appreciate seeing well-informed people discuss issues, I think you'll like the LS boards.

But take a look; decide for yourself.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just because you're talking about the 88 doesn't mean you have to stoop to their level of academic attainment and write (in caps, no less) "DEFINATELY" as opposed to "definitely". Churchill would have been appalled. BTW, after making the correction, feel free to excise this comment.

JWM said...

Anon @ 10:42,

Thank you for pointing out my error.

I've corrected it.

It's my practice to leave comments such as yours up. I also use some of them in occasional main page posts thanking "editors" for calling them to my attention.

BTW - I don't agree with what you say about Churchill. Spelling errors didn't appall him. He made them and he knew others did.

He wasn't a petty person.

John

Anonymous said...

John,

You're a saint to put up with crap like Anon @ 10:42.

Keep after the N&O. Love your Churchill posts.

Hal

JWM said...

Hal @ 8:22,

Thanks for your comment.

I will keep after the N&O and I'm glad you like the Churchill Series.

John