Thursday, April 19, 2007

JinC “Get Well” vote

A school principal got sick and had to stay home. The faculty decided to send the principal a “Get Well” card. The vote was 24 to 23.

That said, most of you know I have a transient medical condition from which I expect to make a full recovery very soon. In fact, I’m already getting much better.

What's more, I’m happy to announce tonight that early tabulation of the JinC “Get Well/Get Sicker” "vote” is so far overwhelmingly in favor of “Get well."

Of course, I’m nothing if not a realist. I know it will be a long night before I and my "Get Well" supporters can confidently declare victory.

As I’m sure you’ve all seen on the tally board, the “votes” are not yet in from the Raleigh N&O, Duke's Allen Building and DA Mike Nifong’s office.

Also, Duke's Brodhead 88 precinct has yet to report either its “Get Well vote” or who paid for its Chronicle ad.

When there's news concerning either one of those, you'll be switched immediately to Sam Hummel who's standing by under the big red and white CASTRATE banner at Potbangers' headquarters in Trinity Park.

Meanwhile, I pledge to all of you this: Even if “the vote” turns out to be “Get sicker, JinC,” I’ll not cease in my efforts to get well.
________________________________

A serious note: I appreciate every one of your good wishes.

Thank you very much.

John

9 comments:

Mad Hatter said...

John,

I am sorry to hear that you are not up to par. I am an attentive reader from the West Coast, and not as attuned to the journalistic nuances that Tiangle Regulars would hone in on. I love your blog, and hope that you will continue to enlighten your far away devotees with your astute observations and humor. God Bless.

Linda Mokbel

Mad Hatter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mad Hatter said...

The author removed the content because the author is still an idiot when it comes to using the computer with savvy. What I wanted to say was that I misspelled the word triangle, can you believe it?

God help us all.

Anonymous said...

I heartily vote for you get healthy, pronto! Thank you for your blog,

Kathleen in New Mexico

JWM said...

Dear Mad Hatter,

I understand your spelling difficulty.

I'm the blogger who once got an Anon comment after posting on one of England's kings: "John, you have a nice blog, and not to flame you, but it’s ‘reign,’ not ‘rain.’”

Thank you, Mad Hatter, for commenting and following the Hoax story.

I'll bet you agree how America reacts to the Duke Hoax -- what we in America let ourselves learn from it -- has tremendous implications for what America will become.

A simple example: Will enough of America finally demand of its MSM that they stop calling Jesse Jackson “a civil rights leader” when he offers a scholarship to a woman even if her rape accusation is false?

Dear Kathleen,

Every vote counts.

Thanks for your good wishes.

Best to you both,

John

Anonymous said...

Me too. John - all the best. I had brain surgery a year ago - doing great, but that part of me who could spell and use grammer is gone.

Anonymous said...

I'm far from N.C., but reading your blog has definitely added to my life. So from a person who is grateful to you from afar......get better!

Anonymous said...

Well,this must be the West Coast get well string, and seeing as that I reside on the West Coast... well, I hope your transient condition gets better (who knew you were homeless?) because if there is one thing we've learned in the last year is that keyboard kommandos, citizen journalists and regular old bloggers (I mean, you're not THAT old) are beginning to make a huge difference in not only the dissemination of information, but in holding those in power accountable.

JinC was on the front lines of this hoax from day one,and now we can all agree, that it doesn't matter if it's a piss-ant prosecutor from Durham or Alberto "Abu" Gonzales, prosecutorial misconduct is an assault on all of us and the freedoms we hold so dear.

Feel better John.

Anonymous said...

John, I suggest that you adhere to the Irishman's philosophy. When you're sick, there's only two things that can happen. You get better, or you die. If you get better, it doesn't matter. If you die, there's only two things can happen. You can go to heaven, or you can go to hell. If you go to heaven, it doesn't matter. If you go to hell, you're going to be so busy shaking hands with the other blog hooligans, that it won't matter.