Sunday, March 11, 2007

Aussie joins JinC edit staff

This blogger couldn’t manage without many excellent editors

JinC Regulars know what I mean. Many of them are themselves JinC editors. I can never thank them enough for pointing out and helping correct my mistakes.

To date the edit staff has been almost entirely American. But an Aussie has just joined the staff and I want to welcome him and congratulate him on the nice work he did his first day on the job.

In a Notes from Australia post I mentioned that tic-tack- toe in Australia is called “oughts and crosses.”

But it’s "noughts and crosses,” as Alan who lives in Australia gently reminded me.

Thank you, Alan, and welcome to the JinC editorial staff.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a loyal Sydneysider, I'm forced to ask if you've had anyone call the city 'Brisvegas' yet? I noticed a friend from Melbourne using 'Melbavostok' the other day.