Monday, February 05, 2007

Bill Anderson: Right from the start

Professor and columnist William “Bill” Anderson said at the end of his April 15, 2006 column:

”If this situation were not so politically charged, I seriously doubt whether rape charges would follow. Instead, we see something much worse, politics and government in action to railroad people into prison. What happened at the Duke party was ugly, but what has transpired since then is even uglier.”
Two days later, Collin Finnerty and Reade Seligmann were indicted as part of a frame-up; with David Evans indicted shortly thereafter.

Professor Anderson had it nailed eight months before Duke President Richard H. Brodhead could bring himself to say a single word critical of DA Mike Nifong.

Bill responded today to my post:“The Attorney’s Lesson.”

Here’s part of what he said:
Nifong should go to prison, but we shall see. …

[Nifong] needs to see some real crowbar motel time. Nothing less will suffice, as far as I am concerned.
I’m with Bill on that.

“Crowbar motel” was a new one on me.

Question and comment for Bill – Will Nifong get at that motel what he can get at NC’s Central Prison: three hots and a cot?

I know you aren’t happy to have been proved right but thank you for alerting us. So many others who had a good idea of what was going on didn’t speak up. Brodhead, of course. NC’s Gov. Mike Easley, for another.

Bill’s April 15 column is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

Thanks for the vote of confidence. This was a case in which I wish I had been wrong. Interestingly, right after I wrote my first piece, I received a number of hostile emails from people who just "knew" that there had been a rape.

Well, there was a rape. A rape of justice.

By the way, after Kirk Osborn released the information on Reade Seligmann's whereabouts when he supposedly was raping Precious, I wrote on Lew Rockwell's blog that the cab driver would be harassed by police and possibily arrested. About a week later, that prediction came true.

Nifong has conducted himself and his office in an outright criminal fashion. We have a federal prison nearby, so in a perfect world, Mikey would be moving to my neighborhood.

Anonymous said...

John and Bill, you guys have done yeoman's work. I think it's a very good development that the Honorable Mike Easley, Governor of North Carolina, has been drawn into the Hoax.

I haven't heard the recording, but from the text, I can imagine that he came across like "Stuttering Dick" Brodhead on 60 Minutes.