Friday, January 12, 2007

Pot luck supper invite

Folks,

There's going to be a pot luck supper at Liestoppers discussion board. Justice seekers are invited. Here’s the invitation:

We are busy planning a meal on the LS discussion board. All points bulletin out for large pots in Durham.

Appetizer - Crow

Nifong Stew consisting of onions, carrots, celery and Nifong -(Joe Cheshire assisted by Mrs. Evans, Mrs. Seligmann and Mrs. Finnerty will handle the chopping).

Dessert: Humble Pie

Care to join us for dinner??
The exact time is still to be determined but it could be before this Sunday morning when “the community’s” super vigilant, "slam them in jail, god I love Nifong" righteous citizens will discharge their weekly accumulation of "enormous outrage over all that's been done to her" while brandishing “Castrate” signs and “Vigilante” posters.

CAUTION: Internet invitations being what they are, some people with no taste and others who just want to make justice seekers look bad will “show up” and post phony "pot luck” comments.

They'll post stuff just as easily and falsely as I could post something like this:
Do you know who's the youngest person ever to be offered an endowed professorship by Duke University?

ANSWER: No, it’s not Houston Baker or Britney Spears.

It’s John in Carolina, who was eight at the time.

Since then, John's read all of President Brodhead's presidential announcements posted at the Duke News site.

John clips and saves Brodhead’s announcements in a large scrapbook in which he also keeps illustrations of Beatrix Potter’s Peter Rabbit.
Speaking of Peter Rabbit and all that, can you believe what Duke administrators are telling us about how mean they think bloggers are to Duke faculty?

Don't they know all of us get "hate mail?" And haven't many Duke faculty members gotten a "boatload" of civil, informed questions and commentary that Duke's administrators should expect them to respond to civilly and fully?

Well, we won’t let what looks like administration cowering spoil our supper, will we?

We can get back to that matter another day.

Now, what are you thinking of bringing?

I don’t know what to bring.

If it was a formal dinner, I’d have no problem.

I’d serve as my main entrée Flambé Lubiano par KC.

As a side dish I’d go with diced, deep-fried Nifong stuffed in Brodhead turnovers.

Well, you all know I’m really just avoiding picking a covered dish, don’t you?

I’ll tell you what.

I’ll go upstairs now, and before I go to bed I’ll dig out my old copy of A Raleigh News & Observer Sampler.

The N&O covers up so much stuff they’ve got to have a section in the Sampler for covered dishes.

I’ll pick one dish and let you know about it this time tomorrow.

BTW – If anyone can tell me how to get to the LS place where the party’s going to be I’d appreciate it.

I often get confused when I travel the internet.

Thanks,

John

PS – Don’t believe that stuff about my being eight when Duke offered me an endowed professorship. I was really ten.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

John,

I like my Fong well-done.

Anonymous said...

The False Accuser will hold a counter-rally at her 1972 singlewide in Wake County. The 10' x 32' deck out back will accomodate all of the ideologues who still believe her malicious fairy tales, with plenty of room to spare.

Anonymous said...

In the spirit of multi-culturalism and diversity, I propose:

Cajun Blackened Nifong, charred over a Linwood fire.

This is paired with Jamaican Jerk Nifong (as in "what a Jerk") and Chinese twice-cooked Nifong (starts out in the frying pan and finished in the fire).

We end with a cold desert we call "Revenge".