Wednesday, April 18, 2007

This made me smile

Our dishwasher broke almost a week ago and the repair person couldn’t get out until yesterday.

By late yesterday afternoon repairs were completed; and all was once again well in our kitchen.

My wife loaded a “first wash” and hit the “Start” button. We began eating dinner.

With the dishwasher’s hum sounds in the background, my wife looked at me across the tile counter and said:

”It’s a sobering thought to realize I love the dishwasher almost as much as I love you.”
I leaned over and refilled her wine glass.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your wife sounds like a jewel.
-QuadDog

Anonymous said...

Well, it's a nice dishwasher, I'm sure.

-AC

Anonymous said...

O/T
Have you thought about dropping the Word Verification since things are calming down some?

Kent

gak said...

My wife's thoughts exactly

gak

Anonymous said...

My wife just asked for new dishwasher.

Things that make you go: hmmmmm.

-AC

Anonymous said...

John - does that mean you're an appliance? Yikes!

Anonymous said...

With vinegar, I hope.

Gayle Miller said...

Just remember John - she did say "almost"!