Thursday, August 10, 2006

Talking with JinC Regulars and Readers – Aug. 10, 2006

Traveling so this is “in-between” and short.

You’ll see I picked up and posted following the prompts many of you gave me re: Liestoppers. Thanks again.

Thanks also for the heads-up on Estrich’s 180. More on that this weekend.

Thanks for all the heads up you folks give me. You help keep me smart. No, “You help keep me less dumb” is more like it.

You’ll see that now that that traffic at JinC has picked up and some “key players” on the DL hoax and a few national writers are visiting often, some other folks who write columns and blogs have taken to dropping whole columns or posts onto the comment threads.

As a one time only, “here’s what I’m about” promotion, let’s see for now how things work.

But as anything more than that, "No." Please respect the purpose of the comment threads.

A few of you have asked how I can wish people like the accuser and Ted Vaden well. That’s a good question that deserves a thoughtful answers. I’ll put another Talking with JinC …. post up tonight with my answer. I need time to put my answer together.

For now bear this in mind: In the cases of the accuser and Vaden, I’ve been careful to say I wish them well in the personal portion of their lives.

It’s must rush time. Sorry to be abrupt. Back tonight after 11 p.m.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

JiC, got your message, please email and I'll send you my cell phone so we can talk 'live'. I look forward to talking to you. Thanks for all you're doing on the LAX case.

bbrewer@recallnifong.com

Anonymous said...

John said:"For now bear this in mind: In the cases of the accuser and Vaden, I’ve been careful to say I wish them well in the personal portion of their lives."


Perhaps I have missed it, but I haven't seen this addressed yet, and I hope that you haven't got to it yet. Here's why. I wanted to say give you some food for thought before you again took up keyboard.

While it may be a nice thing to do to wish someone well in his or her personal life, it may be inappropriate. While it may make us feel better about our charitable outlook on our fellow man, there are instances where it may be harmful to majority of them.

If a man exhibits a lack of good character or displays bad character in his professional life, is it reasonable to assume he would live his personal life to any more stringent code? I think not.

For instance, the reverse would be considered perverse. Would any reasonable person put a known thief and grifter in charge of company finances? I think not.

Would any reasonable person grant legitimacy to the testimony of a known congenital liar? I think not.

Is it likely that a man who performs his professional or job-related duties with intentional malfeasance and exhibition of amorality at best, or immorality at worst, would conduct his personal life in any manner superior to his demonstrated proclivities? I think not.

Ergo, when one wishes him well on any level, could it not be extrapolated that that wish very well may require the victimization of others not deserving of such violation? I think so.

Anyway John, that was really the engine driving my question.