Saturday, June 10, 2006

Graduations mists

Friday morning I went to a high school graduation where I knew a number of the graduates.

The graduates lined up and began to process as a school music group played "Pomp and Circumstance."

I got misty. I always do at that point.

In some future year I plan to go to a graduation at a school where I don't know a soul. I'll see if I mist there.

I'm betting I will.

And I'm betting a lot of you would mist with me if you were there, and didn't know a soul either.

And it's good that we mist, even cry, isn't it?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnn, you are needed again at the N&O Editors blog...see my post on Lacrosse topic below.

JWM said...

Joan,

I got your earlier message. Went to Melanie's blog.

Sorry for what's been happening.

Very glad you're staying at it.

When you say "post on Lacrosse topic" where is the post?

I'll be away for a few hours but I'll get back to you after that.

I also plan to post on N&O later today.

You've been a voice for reason and values on the Duke lacrosse case.

John

Anonymous said...

By "lacrosse topic", I meant yours below. Though Melanie has been deleting me, I posted twice under her lead topic today..."intersesting people" or some such nonsense. She is trying very hard to hold all comments on their coverage at bay. Thanks for coming back to the fray. Yours were the comments that initially inspired me to come aboard. Hope "locobreath" shows up too!