Wednesday, May 09, 2007

AOL's Bushisms Poll: My Choices

Those “No kidding, we’re non-partisan professional journalists” at AOL News picked up on President Bush’s gaffe yesterday; the kind we all make from time to time.

But the journalists cum Democrats at AOL decided the gaffe called for a reader response poll on their main news page.

I decided to take the poll, but I couldn’t find any response “choices” those Dem AOLers provided that represented my opinions.

Like many Dem news organizations, AOL News favors certain restrictions on a citizen’s right to choose.

So I decided to share my responses directly with you.

AOL News’ poll items and “choices” are in italics; my responses are in bold.
_______________________

What's your general reaction to his verbal miscues?

I laugh

I wince

Both


I think how wonderful it is that we no longer have a President who has a young intern deliver pizza to the Oval Office and then perform oral sex on him. Talk about a Domino effect!

How would you describe Bush's gaffe while welcoming the queen?

Very embarrassing

Somewhat embarrassing

Not that bad


Nothing near as terrible as the tragedy at Chappaquiddick.

Which of these Bush quotes is your favorite?

"Hold this nation hostile"

"Misunderestimated"

"Fool me once"

"Illiteracy level ... are appalling"

"New ways to harm our country"

"OB/GYNs aren't able to practice"

"United States and America"


My favorite is not on the list. It’s the one where Bush asks: “Did Al Sharpton really say about Mitt Romney, ‘As for the one Mormon running for office, those who really believe in God will defeat him anyways, so don't worry about that; that's a temporary situation?’”

How many of these Bushisms do you remember?

All of them

Some of them

None of them


I don’t know. Whenever a Democratic Party news organization mentions a Bushism, I’m reminded of Democratic Senator Dick Durbin’s loathsome and erroneous description of America’s treatment of the prisoners at Guantanamo:

“Nazis, Soviets in their gulags, or some mad regime – Pol Pot or others – that had no concern for human beings. Sadly, that is not the case. This was the action of Americans in the treatment of their prisoners.”
Durbin’s now a key supporter of Sen. Barack Obama. Has Obama, who wants to be President and Commander-in-Chief, ever repudiated his pal Durbin’s loathsome and erroneous remarks?

And will AOL ever do a poll on Americans' favorite Bill Clinton quote?

I think most Americans would be hard put to decide between “It depends on what the meaning of ‘is’ is” and “But I never had ….”

Maybe both parties can agree to ask Democratic and Republican Iowa caucus voters to choose their favorite Clinton quote.

The results might help the rest of us make our choices.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good points, John. Don't you sometimes feel like a salmon? The overwhelming leftist control over so much of our lives can be frustrating, but the battle must be waged. Will AOL read your comments? Do they care?

gak said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swampfox said...

Great post as usual, but I'm surprised there was no mention of Obama's line about 10,000 people dying in the Kansas tornado.

Anonymous said...

I was here to read Duke related posts but enjoyed this as well. When time permits, I guess now I'll have to read the Churchill series, too. Well done.