Friday, February 09, 2007

A Liestoppers post worth stealing?

I was tempted to steal the Liestoppers post below and claim it as my own.

I mean, LS put the post up only a few minutes ago, so if anyone asked I could always claim LS really stole the post from me. The time differences would only be because our watches were a “little off.”

I haven’t watched Mike Nifong for 10 months and learned nothing.

But then I thought about Beth Brewer and the Duke Women’s lacrosse team and Duke Law professor James Coleman and folks like that.

I told myself: “You better not cheat.”

Anyway, here’s my post – oops – Liestoppers’ post:

Irony or Simply BS?

Defendant Nifong responding to charges filed against him by the State Bar and Beth Brewer: "I wish everyone would withhold judgment until they hear the evidence, as well as my response," he [Nifong] told WRAL.

Defendant Nifong responding to charges against the Hoax victims one day after his first briefing from Durham Police: “I am convinced that there was a rape, yes, sir.”

Not that it matters, but was Nifong speaking of "my response" that resulted in additional charges of dishonesty from the State Bar or has he invented a new one?

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi John and Thanks for all you've done in this case!

I wouldn't feel bad about it if you had stole this post. Kethra had posted a thread on it, or one very similar anyway, about an hour before LS did!!