Thursday, October 19, 2006

This made me smile

I was just watching a tape of Sen. Joe Lieberman’s recent news conference.

You may know Lieberman, who’s running as an Independent after losing the Connecticut Democratic Senate primary to Ned Lamont, has a strong lead over Lamont in most polls.

Not only is Lamont trailing in the polls, he’s having difficulty raising money. He’s been forced to pour some of his own mega-millions into his campaign to keep it afloat.

With mikes on and cameras rolling, Lieberman was reading from a prepared statement. He got to:

"We heard an awful lot in the Spring about Ned Lamont’s 'people powered campaign.' But [here Lieberman slowed his speech and emphasized his “p”s] his 'people powered campaign' appears to be petering out."
Lieberman stopped, looked up, and asked:
”Would you like me to repeat that? I’ll be happy to do it.”
He was smiling. I smiled too.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am not a liberal, but I like Lieberman. Even if he is the opposition, he is the loyal opposition. And he is principled.

Something that cannot be said of his fellow party member, in the main.