Tuesday, June 27, 2006

I loved this reader comment at The Editor's Blog

The liberal/leftist Raleigh News & Observer's exec editor for news is trying to sell readers on the NY Times latest action that's helped the terrorists and put Americans at greater risk.

At the McClatchy Company's The Editor's Blog Sill links to an arrogant letter NYT executive editor Bill Keller is sending readers who don't like the NYT tipping off terrorists about what the government is doing to protect us.

Keller's letter amounts to: We at the Times know best. If we decide to disclose government secrets you should be damn grateful. Now stop bothering me.

One N&O reader left this comment on the thread where Melanie's cluck-clucking for Keller.

I wouldn't pour flat beer on Keller or any of the NTY staff if they were running down the street with their hair on fire.

I'm actually not upset with the N&O for running the story, just a bit sad that you didn't preface it with: "Here is what the traitors at the NYT published, just thought you'd like to know."
I love reader comments at The Editor's Blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keller, Sill, Sheehan, Sulzberger, the only way I wouldn't piss on them is if they were on fire. Any other time.......

JWM said...

straightarrow,

It's hard to overstate the arrogance and destructiveness of so many in MSM.

I continue to appeciate you comments.

I hope you saw my response to you some days back saying your calls on the DL case back in late March and early April are looking very good.

I asked whether you also called the market.

Please let me know you got the message. You deserve a hat tip and I want to be sure you saw it.

John

Anonymous said...

John in Carolina is the go-to blog on the Duke lacrosse story. Thanks for trying to keep the McClatchy journalists in Raleigh honest. Don't back off criticism of the newspaper, which had a major role in the important early stages. Question: Did Nifong really go to the judge (Stephens) and request DNA testing without reading the medical evidence?