Wednesday, October 05, 2005

George Will gives his ruling

George Will tells us today what he thinks is the real problem with White House Counsel Harriet Miers' nomination: President Bush just isn't qualified to make Supreme Court nominations.

Here's part of what Will says:

(Bush) has neither the inclination nor the ability to make sophisticated judgments about competing approaches to construing the Constitution. Few presidents acquire such abilities in the course of their pre-presidential careers, and this president particularly is not disposed to such reflections.
I regularly read Will's columns, even when he's most pontifical. I usually take something of value from them.

But today all I could think of was the fellow who said, "How dare those sorts of people build a carwash across the street from my club?"

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't join a club that would have me?

-AC